07 Oct DATA SCIENTIST
Posted at 17:31h
in Consulting IT Jobs
The Nationwide Group – Markham, ON
|TNG is currently seeking a Data Scientist to join the team in Markham, Ontario. Full Time Permanent
Role Overview: Actively participate in the design, development and implementation of TNGOC Systems with a focus on data analytics, predictive analytics and statistic coding. These systems are the foundation upon which TNGOC Business Intelligence products and customer solutions and applications are developed. This position primarily focuses on developing new. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about data analytics, has a proven record of writing innovative and elegant code and can take an active role in the design, development and maintenance of this product.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform and provide oversight for architecture, technology strategy & execution of vision for hyper scale data analytics, statistical, mathematical & predictive modeling.
- Responsible for envisioning and executing on design & implementation of a variety of real-time data stream use cases as well as post-transactional data mining and research in supporting the needs of next generation connected mortgage solutions.
- Work collaboratively with Clients, IT Lead, Architecture, QA and other Developers in producing quality products utilizing best practice methodology and technology.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Advanced degree (Masters or PhD) in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or equivalent, with a focus on machine learning.
- Strong foundation in both the theory and practice of machine learning .
- Production experience in the full cycle of developing and deploying machine learning models.
- Strong knowledge in algorithm and data structure.
- Solid coding skills in Python and SQL .
- Experience with data cleaning and visualization.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and ability to work with incomplete or imperfect data.
- Proficiency with Git source control.
- Knowledge of, and experience using, Scrum and other agile development methodologies.
- Effectively communicate with others at all levels of the Company both verbally and in writing.
Job Type: Permanent
- Python and SQL coding: 5 years
- developing and deploying machine learning models: 5 years